Father’s Day is quickly approaching, and many of us are looking for that wishes that will let our fathers know how much we appreciate them. While Father’s Day is a holiday with which almost everyone is familiar, few people know the fascinating history behind this annual holiday.
Learning more about the history of Father’s Day can help you more fully enjoy this celebration and understand why it’s such a cherished holiday.
Unlike Mother’s Day, which has pretty somber origins, Father’s Day has relatively light roots—and was created by a woman. According to History.com, in 1909, a woman named Sonora Smart Dodd “tried to establish an official equivalent to Mother’s Day for male parents.” She went around to local businesses to gather support for her idea, and on June 19th, 1910, the state of Washington celebrated the first-ever Father’s. The celebration changes days year to year. If you ever forget, remember that Father’s Day always falls on the third Sunday in June, and then check the calendar accordingly.
So the question is: “When is Father’s Day 2022?”
This year Father’s day is on Sunday, June 19th.
On this holiday, each person chooses different ways to show their affection; it may be giving a gift to Father, preparing a surprise party for the whole Family, or going on a trip for your parents,... But mainly, don’t forget to send your Father sincere Father’s Day greetings from the bottom of your heart. Surely no gift is as important and priceless as these words.
- To my SUPER DAD! You passed GREAT and AMAZING waaayyy back there
From the Dog: Happy Father’s Day to the best darn daddy at the dog park. Arf!
- I ♥ My Dad with all my heart! Happy Father’s Day, Dad!
- Yep. It was a pretty smart move, getting you for my dad. Glad to celebrate you today!
- BUDDIES FOREVER. So, we’re still good. Love you, Dad!
- A good dad would have been okay, but I got the Best Dad, and that’s even better! Happy Father’s Day.
- Hey, Dad! You’re awesome! People say we’re a lot alike. Happy Father’s Day!
- HEY, SUPER FATHER! #greatjob #loveyoudad #happyfathersday
- You have the DNA of a saint, Dad. You’re a gift from above! Happy Father’s Day!
- You know what, Dad? You’re one of my favorite parents. Happy Father’s Day!
- Excellent, Best, Caring, Dedicated – you’re a whole alphabet of great, Dad! Have a great Father’s Day!
- Dad, you give me the confidence and support I need
- to grow and mature into my best self. I love you forever.
- Happy Father’s Day to the coolest dad of all! Love you, Dad!
- You did a good job building a family, Dad! Happy Father’s Day from one of your greatest projects!
- When it comes to dads, you’re a massive slam dunk, a half-court missile, and a blazing buzzer-beater rolled into one! Have a championship Father’s Day!
- Dad, I love you to the moon and back. Happy Father’s Day!
- Daddy, we admire you and are thankful for you, but we love you most of all! Happy Father’s Day!
- Every ship of the Family needs a great Captain. We’re so glad we have YOU, Dad!
- Dad, you’re someone to look up to no matter how tall I’ve grown. I’m grateful, and I love you, Dad!
- As long as I’m with you, Daddy, it’s a great day! Happy Father’s Day.
Thank you for reading this blog, hope you and your family have a great celebration. See you at the next blog.